Founded by the Atlanta Track Club in 1964. The Peachtree Road Race has grown to be a premiere international event for amateur road racing.
2015 ONLINE Hotel Reservations Are Open
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel
Doubletree Hotel Buckhead
Grand Hyatt Atlanta
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown
Ritz-Carlton Buckhead *ATC Headquarters
JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
SpringHill Suites Atlanta
The Westin Buckhead Atlanta
Residence Inn by Marriott
Need help? We are only a phone call away!
Ask for Karen Vaughan ext. 231
In Atlanta: 404.841.3100 or Toll Free: 800.554.4754
We have provided the following information to help you enjoy your holiday weekend in Atlanta.
2015 STREET CLOSINGS
Streets around the start area will close to vehicle traffic at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 4 • Peachtree Road from Lenox Road to Peachtree Dunwoody Road
• Around Lenox Road from Peachtree Road to Lenox Road
• Lenox Road from Peachtree Road to Ferncliff Road
• Buckhead Loop from Peachtree Road to GA 400
• Phipps Boulevard from Buckhead Loop to Wieuca Road
• Wieuca Road from Old Ivy Road to Roxboro Road
• Roxboro Road from Kingsboro Road to Peachtree Dunwoody Road
• Pritchard Road from Roxboro Road to Oak Valley Road
• Lakeside Road from Pritchard Road to Kingsboro Road
• Kingsboro Road from Roxboro Road to Lenox Road
• Oak Valley Road from Peachtree Road to E. Paces Ferry Road
Once the start area is secure, Atlanta Police will begin to close the course through the finish area.
Finish Area Road Closures:
• 10th Street from Charles Allen to Monroe Dr. will be closed starting Wednesday,
July 2 at 12:00 p.m. through Friday, July 4 at 3:00 p.m.
• Monroe Drive will close between Virginia Ave. and Kanuga St. at 7:00 a.m. on
Saturday, July 4 and will remain closed until around 12:00 noon.
• Peachtree Place Closed from Peachtree to West Peachtree at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 4 and remain closed until 12:00 noon.
MARTA is Atlanta TRANSIT SYSTEM
It's quick, easy and convenient to the start and finish of the road race.http://www.itsmarta.com/
Using your Breeze Card is easy!
It only cost a $1.00 for the card and is reloadable.
With Breeze, there are no tokens or transfers to fumble with…
no worries about exact change…no danger of your card getting stuck in the reader.
July 4th 2015 weekend - the Marta train will operate on a Sunday schedule on July 3rd 2015 and on July 4th 2015 the Marta train
will operate on a Modified Weekday schedule - meaning the trains will operate from 5:00 am until approximately 2:00 am
• Airport to Buckhead on MARTA Approx 30 mins
MARTA STATIONS Near Starting line:
REDLINE goes to BUCKHEAD STATION http://www.itsmarta.com/ns-buc-overview.aspx
Both are about equal distance to Starting line.
GOLDLINE goes to LENOX STATION
MARTA STATIONS Near Finish Line:
ARTS CENTER STATION & MIDTOWN STATION
Approx .7 miles from Piedmont Park
Marta Train REDLINE SCHEDULE:
Things to do in Atlanta on the 4th of July http://www.atlanta.net/events/seasonal/fourth-of-july/
Staying in Buckhead?
There is over a hundred of retail and dining options within a 4 mile radius in this up incoming chic city area.
Buckhead is home to Phipps Plaza Mall and Lenox Square Mall, Yes! Both are across the street from each other!
2 AMC Movie Theaters, 2 malls, The Streets of Buckhead (retail), LegoLand, Nightlife, Restaurants galore and more!
TRAFFIC - What to Expect: Atlanta is known for HEAVY TRAFFIC!
Most of the streets around the race path will be closed prior to the finish of the race.
It’s best to take MARTA our Rail system…Plan to walk about ½ mile from hotel to stations depending
on where you are staying in Buckhead while the roads are close as Hotel Shuttles will not be running.
ATLANTA HARTSFIELD AIRPORT to Buckhead is approx (21.12 miles)
Merge onto I-85 North. Stay left to I-85 N / GA-403 N via Exit 251 toward GA-400 / Greenville.
Keep right to take GA-400 N via Exit 87 toward Buckhead / Cumming (Portions toll).
Take the Lenox Rd / GA-141-CONN exit (Exit 2) toward Buckhead.
Take the GA-141 East ramp toward Peachtree Rd.
Merge onto Lenox Rd NE / GA-141 CONN East / Buckhead Loop Northeast.
Turn right onto Peachtree Rd Northeast / GA-141
© 2009. Site powered by Radius3.